Saturday 29 October 2011

Neora Valley trip

Today Mr Ganseh Mani Pradhan and I sat for a 5 am breakfast, then headed out for a bird photography trip to the Neora Valley http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neora_Valley_National_Park. The trip took us to Lava where we switched to a four wheel drive vehicle suitable for travel up into the valley. We stopped regularly on the way up to photograph birds, butterfly's and orchids. On the way back down we ran into a few wild boars as well. Great Day! Had yet another fine traditional meal for supper. Unfortunately shortly thereafter, I found out my flight to Guwahati Assam was cancelled. I had to leave earlier than intended the next morning so I headed off to pack up. Sorry the pictures will get cleaned up and a few more added soon, I am posting this via wifi hotspot I set up on my phone, 3g service in this park is spotty at best.