Friday 28 October 2011

The Road to Lava

Today I left at 5 am to go bird the road to Lava, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lava,_West_Bengal it was a great walk in a heavily forested road that climbed approximately 2000 feet. As I was driving to my drop off point I called home to get some great news, Lynda is medically cleared to travel so she will be meeting me in Delhi for the Bhutan leg of the journey. Best birthday present ever! In high spirits then I walked the last 12 km of the road to Lava gaining 1500 feet of altitude along the way, it was so much fun I went down 3 km and 750 feet to do the summit stretch a second time. The birds were great, again no photo keepers due to distance or lighting but great fun! After a nice lunch of Momos at Lava I headed out to visit a few Monasteries. I had to take a picture of the most incredibly redundant sign of all time for India. Next I expected to see the sign  "Breathe"