Monday 13 October 2014

Sao Paulo to Ubatuba

I whisked through São Paulo Airport to pick up my rental and get on the road to Ubatuba. I was immediately challenged with the language barrier but we worked through it and I was on the road with little delay.
 There are a half dozen toll booths on the highway out of town. All that I had at the time was large bills and at the first booth this was not to the young ladies liking at all, nor was my response in Spanish.  After running over to the next booth for change she slowly became a little less frustrated and we parted amicably.
I stopped at a large mall to pick up a Brazilian SIM card with data to keep my communications on line. Once again my lack of Portuguese made things interesting. Thankfully words like SMS and Internet cross all languages. The only real hiccup was registration of the Sim card which requires a Brazil ID.
The drive to Ubatuba was exciting I had forgotten how much fun it is to drive in South America. It is a busy beach resort primarily serving Brazillians from Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo